About The Competition
Allow Us To Introduce Ourselves
Artworks Together is a brand-new international arts exhibition offering people with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism the opportunity to showcase their artistic talents to the world.
It is managed and run by a dedicated team with years of experience directly supporting artists with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism.
Who Can Enter?
The ArtWorks Together International Learning Disability and Autism Arts Competition is open to all artists with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism.
Submissions are open internationally, meaning that you are welcome to submit your work to the competition from anywhere in the world.
You must be over the age of 16 to submit your work.
What is it About?
Our goal has always been to support the creative practice of adults with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism.
We wholeheartedly recognise that opportunities do not present themselves to all people in equal measure. We are determined to minimise the effect living with a Learning Disability and Autism has on a person's right to participate within the arts.
Check back here for updates soon on ArtWorks Together 2022
Rules of Entry
Entry is open internationally – anyone from around the world can enter their work.
- Entry to Artworks Together is open exclusively to individuals with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism.
- Learning Disabilities and/or Autism must be accurately classified/described as a part of the application form for the submission to be considered.
-Anyone considered to have a Learning Disability and/or Autism is eligible to enter.
-You must be over the age of 16 to submit your work.
For an application to be considered, all required fields of the application form must be completed.
- The applicant must have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions in order to submit their application.
-In the event of the applicant being unable to read/accept the Terms and Conditions themselves, a parent or guardian must do so on their behalf. This chosen parent/guardian must be readily present and contactable during the selection process.
-For those who may be unable to access the internet personally, we ask for you to find someone that can apply for you on your behalf.
The applicant must be the legal copyright holder of the work submitted.
-It is the responsibility of the artist to ensure that the work is not restricted under any copyright law.
Group and individual entries are welcome.
-Ensure that the names and individuals contributions are described in the application form. In the event of such an application, one member of the group must be labelled as the “primary artist” and act as representative for the full group.
The art work can be about anything you choose.
Please only submit one piece of art work per person.
Groups or collectives can enter up to 5 pieces of work.
Once submitted, the submission cannot be edited in any way.
Entry size - A4 (210mm x 297mm) to A0 (841mm x 1189mm) – max file size of uploaded image is 15mb.
Preferred file types:
Videos: MP4, MOV
Audio: MP3, WAV
Accepted forms of art are: pencil, acrylic, watercolour, oil painting, paper art, woodblock print, calligraphy, embroidery, sculpture, film, photography, digital art etc.
- Please ensure that you include a high-resolution digital capture of your artwork within your application. If it does not meet the specifications we will not be able to judge the entry. For more information on the Entry Format, please open the PDF to read our Terms and Conditions.
Points of Caution
Submissions are only accepted via the Artworks Together website via the form on the Submit page. Entries outside of this designated system will not be considered. Entries sent in error will be destroyed.
Applications that do not adhere to the specified guidelines and Terms and Conditions, or rules for entry will not be considered.
Only submit art for which the artist or artist's representative can claim full copyright for.
By submitting your work to Artworks Together you agree that if your work is selected for inclusion in our exhibition, we have full permission to exhibit the work as a part of our exhibitions in perpetuity.
- If for any reason you do not want your work included after submitting, you must inform us within 5 working days of the final submission deadline. Confirmation must be granted by the organisers in order for work to be officially withdrawn.
If a piece of work is submitted accompanied with an incomplete submission form, the application will not be considered.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant or acting facilitator to ensure their application is completed in full.
- Artworks Together is not strictly responsible for contacting applicants regarding incomplete applications
In regards to the winners of ArtWorks Together, the entries may be subject to sale, or reproduction. This may result in change or modification of the work.
-In the case of sale, proceeds via royalties will be paid to the artist.
By submitting, the applicant grants full permission for Artworks South Yorkshire to use the work for the purpose of advertising and promotion for Artworks Together, regardless of the final outcome of the judging process.
6 Judges Prizes